I finished a big rewrite recently and don’t know what to start next. I have ideas, lots of ideas for books, but the thought of penning another 50,000-word disaster leaves me running to Facebook for a distraction.
Instead, I compiled some short story and novella open calls. I’m thinking it is easier to tackle 10,000 words than an entire book. Maybe we can all submit together.
1. Feeling depressed? Like the end of the world is around the corner? This submission call is for you. The End of the World story contest is open now and closes August 31, 2018. More information at http://www.aftermathmag.org/contest.html
2. Into mysteries? Submissions will be accepted between May 1st and August 31, 2018 for Malice Domestic 14: Mystery Most Edible Anthology at http://malicedomestic.org/anthologies.html
3. Fireside Magazine will be open to novel and novella submissions for the month of August! Check out https://firesidefiction.com/announcing-an-open-call-for-novel-and-novellas
4. Mysterion opened for submissions on July 1st for science fiction, fantasy, and horror stories up to 9,000 words long about Christianity. https://mailchi.mp/a24f9ff49683/june-story-and-july-submission-period?e=5992f879b9
5. The Chattahoochee Review has an open call until August 31, 2018 on the theme Lost and Found. They are looking for literary fiction. More information at https://thechattahoocheereview.submittable.com/submit
6. Haunted Waters Press has an open call for flash fiction until July 31 at http://www.hauntedwaterspress.com/Submissions.html
7. Mom Egg Review is open for submissions for the 17th annual print issue. They seek literary work that is about mothering or motherhood. http://momeggreview.com/
Enjoy the writing!